Software Engineering Intern (Summer 2020)
San Francisco, CA
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t made for business and hasn’t evolved to help you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on many siloed apps that make you less productive as a whole.
With more than 5,000 customers and $79 million in funding from Sequoia, Threshold (formerly DFJ), and others, Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
As an intern/co-op on our engineering team, you’ll help us reinvent the inbox for teams by working on high-impact projects like building new product features, improving our integrations framework, and optimizing customer onboarding. You’ll receive dedicated mentorship and learn from a world-class engineering and product team that’s experiencing rapid growth. Along the way, you’ll also become a part of Front’s award-winning company culture and learn how a successful organization scales. This is an exciting opportunity to have a path into a full-time role within the Front Engineering team, upon a successful internship.
What will you be doing?
- Own a technical project with customer-facing impact
- Collaborate with our talented team of engineers, designers, product managers in a fast-paced environment
- Partner closely with a dedicated engineering mentor to grow throughout the internship inline with your career ambitions
- You must be able to intern full-time at our San Francisco office for at least 10 weeks or more (from May/June - August/September)
What skills and experience do you need?
- Recently completed or pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, graduating in 2020 or early 2021
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving ability
- Genuine curiosity for learning and desire for improvement
- Product-minded: committed to building a great experience for our users
- Previous software engineering internship experience
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.