San Francisco, CA
Data & Analytics
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t made for business and hasn’t evolved to help you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on many siloed apps that make you less productive as a whole.
With more than 5,000 customers and $79 million in funding from Sequoia, Threshold (formerly DFJ), and others, Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
As a part of the Data Team at Front, your core responsibility will be to help maintain and scale our infrastructure for analytics as our data volume and needs continue to grow at a rapid pace. This is a high impact role, where you will be driving initiatives affecting teams and decisions across the company and setting standards for all our data stakeholders. You’ll be a great fit if you thrive when given ownership, as you would be the key decision maker in the realm of architecture and implementation.
What will you be doing?
- Architect data pipelines that provide fast, optimized, and robust end-to-end solutions for internal users of the analytics infrastructure.
- Automate manual processes and create a platform in favor of self-service data consumption.
- Own the quality of our analytics data and ensure the Data Team’s SLAs are met on a timely basis.
- Design data schemas and fine-tune queries around large, complex data sets.
- Interface with data scientists, analysts, product managers and all data stakeholders to understand their needs and promote best data practices.
- Keep our data available and secure across multiple data centers and regions.
- Implement a robust monitoring & logging framework that guarantees the traceability and auditability.
- Vet tools and technologies for the most viable solution for each problem at hand. Manage tools and data vendors involved.
What skills and experience do you need?
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant technical field.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Data Engineer, or in a role with ETL expertise.
- Experience in managing data warehouse plans and communicate them to internal stakeholders.
- Strong overall programming skills, able to write modular, maintainable code.
- Advanced level of SQL is required.
- Working knowledge and experience with at least one of the big data technologies: HDFS, EMR, Redshift, Spark, Flink, or Presto.
- Experience with workflow management tools: Airflow, Luigi, etc.
- Experience with R or Python is a plus.
- You are proactive, have a positive attitude with a “can-do”, service-oriented mentality.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects/tasks with multiple stakeholders.
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.