Senior Backend Engineer - Remote Europe
Front is a hub for customer communication that allows companies to offer tailor-made service at scale. Front looks and feels like your email inbox with a few very important differences: teammates collaborate in the same place where external messages are sent and received, and behind the scenes, robust workflows and integrations power the efficiency and insights typically found in a CRM. More than 6,500 businesses use Front to work together to send out the best replies faster, keep messages organized across channels, and always maintain a personal touch. The result is premier, personalized service that scales with your business — and a team that works together as one.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies in 2021 and Forbes Cloud 100 2020, the definitive list of the top software companies in the world. We have also been recognized on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups, The New York Times’ The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups, Fortune’s Best Small Workplaces, and Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
We are looking for experienced backend engineers to join the team responsible for the core systems that power Front - a rules engine service that evaluates thousands of rules in milliseconds, a real-time inbox counter service that is fast and precise, and more. As you can imagine, this means a lot of responsibility and a tremendous amount of impact. The systems that you will work on need to be performant, scalable and reliable, all at once.
We are able to hire remotely in France, the UK, Ireland, and Poland.
What will you be doing?
- Own key features or sub-systems of Front
- Collaborate closely with product managers, product designers and other engineers to conceptualize, build and test new product features
- Troubleshoot and resolve bugs and issues across the stack, e.g. a stuck job in a message queue, a bug in our recipient suggestions service
What skills and experience do you need?
- Product mindset – we’re a product company on a mission to"advance how people work”
- 5+ years of industry experience working on backend systems at a large-scale internet service
- 2+ years of working on software systems built atop Amazon Web Services
- Strong track record of launching and delivering projects of significant complexity and high level of ambiguity
- Experience architecting, deploying and operating asynchronous work queues, high-volume storage systems, and high-throughput systems
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Full professional English proficiency
- Experience working with a multi-data center setup
- Extensive experience in node.js, MySQL and memcached on AWS
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.