San Francisco, CA
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t made for business and hasn’t evolved to help you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on many siloed apps that make you less productive as a whole.
With more than 5,000 customers and $79 million in funding from Sequoia, Threshold (formerly DFJ), and others, Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
As an Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for managing the financial reporting and accounting operations that are key to business growth. The range of projects the Accounting Manager would be working on is wide and extends beyond month-end close. You will have the opportunity to strengthen your technical accounting expertise, implement financial systems and help Front scale in times of high growth. At Front, we love to collaborate, we love challenges, and most of all, we love what we do!
What will you be doing?
- Manage the month-end close procedures, including the preparation of journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations and review of aging reports
- Prepare monthly revenue recognition under ASC 606, including revenue-related reconciliations and Cost of Revenue calculations
- Prepare financial packages and ensure financial reporting is in accordance with GAAP
- Manage the day-to-day accounting operations, including Accounts Payable (and T&E), Accounts Receivable, Payroll, and Treasury (banking activities and credit cards)
- Drive system implementations and process improvements within Accounting and Finance; identify where the team can be more effective and drive value-add changes
- Perform research in technical accounting areas and document policies and procedures in accounting memos
- Work on ad-hoc projects such as budget preparation and tax reporting
- Help build and support a top-notch accounting team
What skills and experience do you need?
- 5+ years of accounting experience, preferably 2+ years at a SaaS company
- Strong knowledge of GAAP; prior experience in audit is preferred
- Strong Excel skills; must also have experience with Netsuite. Bill.com and Expensify experience is preferred
- Sharp analytical skills and a problem solver with strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage deadlines
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, and a collaborative working style
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.