Lead Product Designer
San Francisco, CA /
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t designed for business and hasn’t evolved with the way you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on dozens of siloed apps just to get the job done.
With more than 6,000 customers Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to the Forbes Cloud 100 2020, the definitive list of the top software companies in the world. We have also been recognized on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups, Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2019, The New York Times’ The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups, Fortune’s Best Small Workplaces, and Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer to help push Front’s user experience into the future. As a leader on the design team you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from giving guidance and mentorship to other Designers to brainstorming new product ideas with Product to tweaking pixels right before launch with Engineering. You will utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills and own the experience for a wide area of the Front product.
What you'll do:
- Design product experiences across desktop, web, and mobile platforms
- Develop product roadmaps and user requirements in collaboration with Product and Engineering leadership
- Understand and represent users in product decisions with cross-functional peers during tradeoff, timeline, and experience discussions
- Design and communicate your vision to the team using mock-ups, documentation, and prototypes
- Impact business goals through effective and efficient development of design solutions
- Mentor other Designers in craft and process
- Participate and shape the design team’s culture by establishing best practices and standardizing processes
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience building and shipping world-class products across various platforms
- Proven track record of envisioning and building high-quality products (mobile, web, desktop)
- A portfolio of design projects that shows strong product design process and craft skills
- Low ego and an eagerness to give and receive constructive feedback in a transparent work environment
- Collaborative approach and belief that the best products are built through a partnership with Product, Design, and Engineering
- Great communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate your design decisions and how they relate to the problem you’re solving
- Deep empathy for users and a passion for solving their collaboration problems
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.