San Francisco, CA
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t made for business and hasn’t evolved to help you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on many siloed apps that make you less productive as a whole.
With more than 5,000 customers and $79 million in funding from Sequoia, DFJ and others, Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
We are looking for an exceptional Accountant to join Front’s growing Finance team. The Staff Accountant will team up with the Controller and other accounting team members to tackle a wide range of accounting operations. To fit the role, the ideal Staff Accountant is someone who views challenges as an opportunity for growth, has an eye for detail and loves to collaborate!
What will you be doing?
- Daily accounting operations, such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, T&E expenses, and banking
- Month-end close procedures, including the preparation of daily journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations and review of aging reports
- Proactively helping investigate and resolve questions from vendors, customers, and internal business partners around A/P, A/R and employee expense reports
- Working with the Controller and Accounting Manager on various projects such as year-end tax reporting (1099s), system implementations, and accounting process improvements
What skills and experience do you need?
- 2-4 years of accounting experience, preferably at a fast paced and growing start-up
- Basic knowledge of GAAP
- Collaborative work style while having the ability to also work with minimal supervision
- Strong Excel skills; must also have experience with Netsuite. Bill.com, Expensify and Stripe experience is preferred
- Sharp analytical skills and a problem solver who consistently practices attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage deadlines
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.