Lead Security Engineer, Application Security
San Francisco, CA /
Front is on a mission to make work happier with the first-ever customer communication hub. Relationships are everything in business, but they’re hard to maintain as a business grows because traits like trust, compassion, and empathy are human qualities that have been difficult for technology to scale. We’ve reimagined the way businesses communicate by bringing customer conversations to the center of one’s focus. Today, nearly 8,000 businesses have discovered that they can still grow their business and keep the human touch. The world is on course to work happier. We believe our role is to accelerate and shape this path in three ways: the product we make, the culture we live, and the example we set.
With $204M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, Zoom, and PagerDuty. Front has received numerous Great Place to Work accolades, including #4 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area™, Inc. Magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces list, Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022 List, Best workplaces for Millennials 2022 list, and Y Combinator's list of Top Companies in 2022.
We are looking for an experienced security engineer based in San Francisco to help build, manage, and scale Front’s security programs.
What will you be doing?
- Own and drive Front’s Application Security roadmap
- Provide security guidance on a constant stream of new products and technologies
- Partner with other teams at Front to constantly improve our defensive model
- Triage and respond to reports from bug bounty
- Perform security assessments on web applications, mobile clients, and architectural designs
- Create and maintain secure development practices
- Communicate security risks to stakeholders and engineers
What skills and experience do you need?
- Solid understanding of threat modeling, web security vulnerabilities as well as their mitigation
- Full professional English proficiency
- Strong track record of launching and delivering projects of significant complexity and high level of ambiguity
- Experience designing and building highly available, large-scale distributed systems
- Strong understanding of core internet technologies (e.g. TCP/IP)
- Solid understanding of web and mobile application architecture
- Experience with AWS technologies
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $189,000 - $210,000 USD. Individual compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, training, and market conditions. At Front, we take a market-based approach to pay. In addition to cash compensation (base salary, which may include commissions or overtime pay where applicable), Fronteers are eligible to receive equity in the company. This resource will provide additional information on our location zone designations. If you have questions, please speak with a member of our recruiting team for additional information.
Zone 1: USD $189,000 - $210,000
Zone 2: USD $170,000 - $189,000
Zone 3: USD $160,000 - $178,000
These ranges may be modified by Front at our sole discretion in the future.
What we offer
✨ Competitive salary
🤝 Equity (we are post-series D & backed by some of the best VCs in the US)
🏥 Private health insurance fully covered by Front
💪 Flexible Fridays - learn more here!
🏡 Flexibility to work from home 3 days/week (unless posted as a full-remote role)
🛋 Mental health support with Modern Health
🍼 Family planning support with Maven
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.