Software Engineer, Platform
San Francisco, CA /
Front powers the heart of business: the meaningful connections between teams and customers that lead to lasting relationships. Bringing email and apps together in a collaborative customer communication platform, Front drives business impact by scaling the natural conversations that create customers for life. More than 6,000 businesses are using Front today to cultivate personalized customer relationships at scale and transform their work into impact.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies in 2021 and Forbes Cloud 100 2020, the definitive list of the top software companies in the world. We have also been recognized on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups, The New York Times’ The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups, Fortune’s Best Small Workplaces, and Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
We are looking for experienced Full Stack engineers to join the team responsible for building and maintaining APIs used by hundreds of developers to extend Front. With more than 7 million requests per day and more than 500 custom-built integrations, our APIs are the fundamental bricks used to build a wide range of use cases: custom messaging channels, AI-powered automated replies, data synchronization, plugging external tools directly into Front, etc.
What will you be doing?
- Design, build, and maintain developer-friendly APIs and tools.
- Write equally developer-friendly documentation.
- Build the platform that brings all apps and messages into Front.
- Work closely with product managers, technical partners, and other engineers to conceptualize, build and test new features.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Product minded: committed to building the best user experience.
- 3+ years of industry experience building fast, reliable, real-time web-based applications.
- Enjoy and have experience building APIs.
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment.
- Full professional English proficiency
- Experience in API design.
- Experience working with complex data models at scale.
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.