Global Deal Desk Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t designed for business and hasn’t evolved with the way you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on dozens of siloed apps just to get the job done.
With more than 6,000 customers Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to the Forbes Cloud 100 2020, the definitive list of the top software companies in the world. We have also been recognized on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups, Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2019, The New York Times’ The Next Wave of‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups, Fortune’s Best Small Workplaces, and Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
We are looking for a Global Deal Desk Manager who is passionate about making an impact at a fast-growing company. You will be responsible for overseeing the global quote-to-order process and ensuring the smooth execution of some of our largest and most strategic opportunities, and developing scalable ways to manage our more transactional business. You will act as a key advisor to Sales, Legal, Finance, and Accounting, managing deal formation and flow, implementing policy, and driving sustainable growth while reducing sales cycle times. This is a new position and you will be responsible for developing and implementing best practices across the organization.
What will you be doing?
- Build out a scalable deal desk function and improve our day-to-day processes and systems
- Drive best practices to increase sales effectiveness via structured deal reviews and checkpoints, supported by standard business practices and policies, and proper enablement around these
- Advise on contract negotiations internally, including: deal structure, discounting guidance, order processing, etc.
- Drive process and systems requirements(including CPQ) to implement best-in-class quote-to-order process; provide assistance is closing/managing deals in the systems
- Lead evaluation and review of all contracts for completeness, accuracy, and adherence to our policies; additionally, approve deals in Salesforce where applicable
- Ensure approvals for non-standard deals have been properly documented, escalated to the right approval levels, and resolved within reasonable time frames
- Work independently on projects, and apply judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders in Sales, Legal, Finance, Accounting, and other key teams across the company
What skills and experience do you need?
- 4+ years experience in Deal Desk/Sales Operations role in SaaS
- Experience in dealing with complex, cross-functional deal/contract management across Sales, Finance and Legal
- Strong understanding of Salesforce based quote-to-order processes
- Strong structured problem solving skills along with ability to demonstrate practical judgment in complex situations
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy, particularly within a global setting
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and results-oriented team environment, especially during critical close periods
- Proficiency in Google Sheets/Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree
Bonus skills and attributes:
- Background working in high-growth, performance-focused environments
- Knowledge of software revenue recognition principles would be an advantage
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.