FP&A & Strategy Lead
San Francisco, CA
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t made for business and hasn’t evolved to help you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on many siloed apps that make you less productive as a whole.
With more than 5,000 customers and $79 million in funding from Sequoia, DFJ and others, Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
Front was featured in Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2019, The New York Times’ The Next Wave of‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups, Zapier’s Apps at Work Report: The Fastest Growing Apps of 2019, the Bay Area’s Great Places to Work, and of course Glassdoor.
We are looking for an FP&A & Strategy Lead who is passionate about making an impact at a fast-growing company. In this role, you will report directly to the CFO. You will play a key role in planning, providing insight into business performance, supporting strategic decision-making and helping predict the future of the business. You will work closely with business leaders across multiple functions including engineering, product, sales, marketing, and accounting to support Front’s continued growth.
This is a highly visible role in the organization with close partnership with senior business leaders across the company, ideally suited if you are passionate about developing an intimate understanding of our business, have a strong financial and analytical background, and are keen to drive growth and operational improvements as a strategic finance partner.
What will you be doing?
- Manage consolidated company reporting and forecasting including driving the cadence and rhythm of forecasting and planning cycles
- Drive critical decision making and deliver clear communication and insights to our leaders and the Board
- Develop advanced modeling and analysis to highlight business trends and understand variance drivers
- Coordinate with leaders to ensure the business review process and forecasting are in place and occurring properly as a mechanism to identify issues and challenge the businesses to deliver on expectations
- Conduct ad hoc analyses on key topics using financial, business intelligence and other data sources/systems
- Lead analytical efforts supporting our business teams in an unstructured environment to identify insights and improve decision-making
- Develop in-depth understanding of growth drivers at Front and develop actionable recommendations from our data to influence business strategy and direction
What skills and experience do you need?
- 4+ years of work experience in a highly analytical and operational role. Investment banking, consulting, or finance or strategy in a rapidly growing tech company
- Hands-on and strong financial modeling skills in Excel and understanding of business metrics
- Solid experience with planning and budgeting processes, revenue forecasting, operating expense forecasting, P&L management, interpreting and reporting business performance results
- Absolute understanding of corporate finance: balance sheets, income statements and cash flows and the mechanics
- Strong background in strategic problem solving – ability to approach a business problem with a hypothesis-driven approach to identify and execute on solutions
- A curiosity to learn and take initiative to solve problems independently
- Sharp attention to detail with a natural feel for numbers and data, with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Ability to eloquently distill and communicate financial data and complex topics to non-finance stakeholders
- Strong critical thinking, organizational, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Experience and comfortable working in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Strong grasp of technical accounting principles
- Exposure to working with finance systems (e.g., Netsuite)
- SQL skills and understanding of database/data warehousing concepts
- Knowledge of BI tools and technologies (e.g. Mode)
- Technology or Software/SaaS industry experience
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.