Sr. Product Designer
San Francisco, CA
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t made for business and hasn’t evolved with the way you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on many siloed apps that make you less productive as a whole.
With more than 3,800 customers and $79 million in funding from Sequoia, DFJ and others, Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer who is committed to excellence and ready to break new ground in communication design. Since Front started in 2013, design is what has set it apart from other services. People have high expectations for email which can be both challenging and rewarding. By changing one slight workflow, you can dramatically improve hours of someone’s day, every day. The product is being designed as it is being implemented; you thrive in this kind of fast-paced environment with tight feedback loops.
What will you be doing?
- Be the voice for extraordinary design and champion design thinking efforts across all areas of the company
- Play a pivotal role in improving current designs and experiences across multiple platforms
- Adopt a ‘hands-on’ approach when it comes to concept development, high-fidelity execution, and marketing design initiatives
- Help define and standardize our design systems and establish best practices for software and design workflows
- Partner closely with engineering, product, and customer facing teams to develop the right product strategy
- Serve as a mentor and coach for a small design team spanning UI, UX, and communications design
What skills and experience do you need?
- 4+ years of experience building and shipping world-class products
- Interested in a path to management for a small design team
- Extensive experience with and passion for productivity-focused products
- You are an exceptional designer who has worked onprojects that touch visual, brand, and/or product design with a strong portfolio to show for it
- Solid cross-functional collaboration and communication skills with audiences of all levels, across all teams
- Well-versed in the latest tools, Sketch plugins, community trends, and software development as they relate to design