Senior Full Stack Engineer - Search
Front is a customer operations platform that enables support, sales, and account management teams to deliver exceptional service at scale. Front streamlines customer communication by combining the efficiency of a help desk and the familiarity of email, with automated workflows and real-time collaboration behind the scenes. With Front, teams can centralize messages across channels, route them to the right person, and unlock visibility and insights across all of their customer operations.
More than 8,000 businesses across many different industries (manufacturing, logistics, travel, financial services, tech, etc.) use Front to drive operational efficiency that prevents churn, improves retention, and propels customer growth. Backed by Sequoia Capital and Salesforce Ventures, Front has raised $204M from leading venture capital firms and independent investors including top executives at Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, Zoom, and PagerDuty. Front has received numerous Great Place to Work accolades, including Y Combinator's list of Top Companies in 2023, #4 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area™, Inc. Magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces list, Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022 List, and Best workplaces for Millennials 2022 list.
At Front, our search stack powers intelligent features and algorithms that help surface the most relevant results to users all across the product, improving product navigation, usability and delightfulness. We’re looking for talented, self-motivated engineers with an interest in search to join Front's core search team based in Paris. With work on the team ranging from conversation search to contacts autocomplete and spans the Front web, desktop, and mobile apps, we've only begun to scratch the surface of what we hope to see evolve into a unique, universal search experience that underpins the customer communication hub of the future.
What will you be doing?
- Bring your expertise to the team to transform our ideas into features, and improve the search experience for thousands of customers
- Have an impact on all the searchable resources at Front and beyond and become a solid contributor to the organization
- Improve our existing algorithms models to increase search accuracy
- Partner closely with our designers, engineers, and dedicated product manager
Some numbers (across 2 regions 🇺🇸 and 🇪🇺) 🔥:
- In-house managed Elasticsearch clusters
- 120 TB of production data
- 650M of search queries served per day
- 465M of indexing queries processed per day
What skills and experience do you need?
- Product-minded: committed to building the best user experience
- 3+ years of industry experience working on complex software systems. Bonus points for work requiring high availability, large-scale distributed system design, or familiarity with ElasticSearch.
- Knowledgeable about modern web technologies and excited to learn new ones, e.g. Node.js ES6, TypeScript, React
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment.
- Understand the trade-offs between different engineering solutions when solving a problem, value pragmatism over idealism.
- Rigor in A/B testing, test coverage, and other software development best practices
- Experience working with complex data models at scale
Hybrid: This position requires being in-office at least 2 days a week
What we offer
✨ Competitive salary
🤝 Equity (we are post-series D & backed by some of the best VCs in the US)
🏥 Private health insurance fully covered by Front
💪 Flexible Fridays - learn more here!
🏡 Flexibility to work from home 3 days/week (unless posted as a full-remote role)
🛋 Mental health support with Modern Health
🍼 Family planning support with Maven
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.