Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t made for business and hasn’t evolved with the way you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on many siloed apps that make you less productive as a whole.
With more than 4,500 customers and $79 million in funding from Sequoia, DFJ and others, Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
We are looking for an experienced backend engineer based in Paris to help build, manage, and scale the Front platform.
What will you be doing?
- Build a search API easy to use that improves the speed and quality of our search experience.
- Design, develop, test and implement new product features: frontapp.com/roadmap
- Tune and optimize performance of the app running on our new container infrastructure
- Speed-up the analytics pipeline
What skills and experience do you need?
- Full professional English proficiency
- Product mindset, we’re a product company on a mission to "advance how people work”
- Strong track record of launching and delivering projects of significant complexity and high level of ambiguity
- Track record of designing and implementing complex and scalable software services
- Experience architecting, deploying and operating asynchronous work queues, high-volume storage systems, and high-throughput systems
- Experience with performance benchmarking and diagnostic tools
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience working with a multi-data center setup
- Extensive experience in node.js, MySQL and memcached on AWS