San Francisco, CA
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t made for business and hasn’t evolved with the way you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on many siloed apps that make you less productive as a whole.
With more than 4,000 customers and $79 million in funding from Sequoia, DFJ and others, Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer based in San-Francisco to help build, manage, and scale the Front infrastructure. Our platform has a globally-distributed, event-driven architecture and is primarily hosted in AWS.
What will you be doing?
- Build a new monitoring stack for our API
- Design and implement a deployment toolchain to allow us shipping code to production in less than 10 mins
- Use spot instances to reduce our AWS costs and increase flexibility
- Manage and scale our new Kubernetes clusters
- Build tools to monitor and manage a multi-region, 300+ node infrastructure
- Implement a proxy to ensure we can scale up without taking down databases
What skills and experience do you need?
- Product mindset: we’re a product-driven company
- Strong track record of launching and delivering projects of significant complexity and a high level of ambiguity
- Experience designing and building highly available, distributed systems across hundreds of nodes
- Fluency in a dynamic language
- Strong understanding of core networking technologies (e.g. TCP/IP)
- Experience building tooling for complex and distributed software services: you should not be afraid of writing code that will decide to start or stop 200 servers
- Experience as a tech lead or senior engineer on a distributed team
- Experience scaling data stores such as MySQL and Elasticsearch
- Advanced Linux engineering skills
- Experience building and scaling business critical infrastructure and services on AWS
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker