San Francisco, CA /
Missions are made possible by engaged teams and happy customers. Every interaction between your customers and your team is an opportunity for your team to see that their work matters, for your customers to be more successful, and to get your business closer to its mission. But in the mad quest for productivity, many of those moments have lost their luster. People are working harder, faster than ever before and wearing “busy” like a badge of honor. While bots, auto-replies, and long response times have replaced genuine, human connections with customers.
That’s where Front comes in. Front powers the heart of business: the meaningful connections between teams and customers that lead to lasting relationships. Bringing email and apps together in a collaborative customer communication platform, Front drives business impact by scaling the natural conversations that create customers for life. More than 6,000 businesses are using Front today to cultivate personalized customer relationships at scale and transform their work into impact.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to the Forbes Cloud 100 2020, the definitive list of the top software companies in the world. We have also been recognized on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups, Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2019, The New York Times’ The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups, Fortune’s Best Small Workplaces, and Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
We’re on the hunt for a Communications Lead that will be responsible for building upon our momentum and creating awareness for Front through press, speaking, and awards. The ideal candidate has a strong eye for what is newsworthy and impeccable storytelling skills. We are looking for someone that understands B2B buyers and the stories that will resonate with them, but can bring out-of-the-box creativity in line with our brand ambitions. You should have a portfolio of press hits you have secured for B2B companies, experience securing executive speaking opportunities and developing compelling presentations for them, and references from executives that have enjoyed working with you.
What will you be doing?
- Translate our brand narrative and positioning into compelling PR initiatives that drive awareness and top-of-funnel lead generation for Front.
- Build strong relationships with press and influencers that translate into coverage opportunities.
- Build platforms for our executives, including our co-founder and CEO, and secure press, speaking and content opportunities.
- Pursue and secure strategic company awards.
- Create executive content, including articles and presentations.
- Advise on internal communications initiatives.
What will you need?
- 8+ years of strategic communications experience
- Comfort with both strategic planning and hands-on media relations
- Experience working directly with C-level executives
- Experience supporting a marketing team with pipeline and/or revenue targets
- Understands the nuances of B2B communications, but thinks creatively like a B2C marketer
- Excellent writing skills
- Collaborative, low-ego working style
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.