Senior Full Stack Engineer - Knowledge Base
Front is on a mission to enable better relationships at scale. Relationships are everything in business, but they’re hard to maintain as a business grows because traits like trust, compassion, and empathy are human qualities that have been difficult for technology to scale. We’ve reimagined the way businesses communicate by bringing customer conversations to the center of one’s focus. Today, nearly 8,000 businesses have discovered that they can still grow their business and keep the human touch.
With $204M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, Zoom, and PagerDuty. Front has received numerous Great Place to Work accolades, including Y Combinator's list of Top Companies in 2023, #4 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area™, Inc. Magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces list, Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022 List, and Best workplaces for Millennials 2022 list.
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack engineer to complete our Knowledge Base engineering team. The Knowledge Base team’s charter is to provide our customers with a Knowledge Base inside of their existing Front experience, allowing them to support their customers by surfacing accurate, relevant knowledge in common customer support scenarios. This is not yet released, so this role is a fantastic opportunity to build a feature from the ground up and make a big impact.
To be successful in this role you must be a quick learner, have proven software development skills, would identify with being a product and business-minded engineer, have experience leading engineering teams, and work well in a small, dynamic, cross-functional team.
What will you be doing?
- Work closely with product managers, product designers and other engineers to complete the initial version of Front’s KB product.
- After launch, you will continue to conceptualize, design, implement, test, and launch improvements and integrations that extend the knowledge base’s capabilities and use cases.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Industry experience building fast, reliable, real-time web-based applications.
- Knowledgeable about modern web technologies and excited to learn new ones, e.g. Node.js ES6, TypeScript, React.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application.
- Product minded: committed to building the best user experience.
- Business minded: understands the power of leveraging technology toward business outcomes.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment.
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism.
- Experience with AWS technologies.
- Rigor in A/B testing, test coverage, and other web best practices.
- Experience working with complex data models at scale.
This position is open to Remote US and Canada
The US hiring salary range for this full-time position is $153,000 - $200,000 USD. Individual compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, training, and market conditions. At Front, we take a market-based approach to pay. In addition to cash compensation (base salary, which may include commissions or overtime pay where applicable), Fronteers are eligible to receive equity in the company. This resource will provide additional information on our location zone designations. If you have questions, please speak with a member of our recruiting team for additional information.
Zone 1: USD $153,000 - $200,000
Zone 2: USD $138,000 - $180,000
Zone 3: USD $130,000 - $170,000
These ranges may be modified by Front at our sole discretion in the future.
What we offer
✨ Competitive salary
🤝 Equity (we are post-series D & backed by some of the best VCs in the US)
🏥 Private health insurance fully covered by Front
💪 Flexible Fridays - learn more here!
🏡 Flexibility to work from home 3 days/week (unless posted as a full-remote role)
🛋 Mental health support with Modern Health
🍼 Family planning support with Maven
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.