Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t made for business and hasn’t evolved to help you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on many siloed apps that make you less productive as a whole.
With more than 5,000 customers and $79 million in funding from Sequoia, Threshold (formerly DFJ), and others, Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
We are looking for backend engineers to join the team responsible for the core systems that power Front - a rules engine service that evaluates thousands of rules in milliseconds, a real-time inbox counter service that is fast and precise, and more. As you can imagine, this means a lot of responsibility and a tremendous amount of impact. The systems that you will work on need to be performant, scalable and reliable, all at once.
What will you be doing?
- Contribute to key features or sub-systems of Front
- Collaborate with product managers, product designers and other engineers to conceptualize, build and test new product features: frontapp.com/roadmap
- Troubleshoot and resolve bugs and issues across the stack, e.g. a stuck job in a message queue, a bug in our recipient suggestions service
What skills and experience do you need?
- Product mindset – we’re a product company on a mission to "advance how people work”
- 2+ years of industry experience working on backend services
- Track record of launching and delivering projects with some degree of ambiguity
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Full professional English proficiency
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.