Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t designed for business and hasn’t evolved with the way you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on dozens of siloed apps just to get the job done.
With more than 5,000 customers Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Designer to help push Front’s user experience into the future. You’ll be joining as the first Designer on our team in Paris where we have a full engineering and product team already in place, while partnering with our small team of user-centered designers in SF who are focused on crafting high-quality experiences that improve the lives of our customers. You will collaborate with cross-functional partners to optimize the foundation of our core product and develop new flows and features. The ideal candidate for this role excels across the entire product development lifecycle, demonstrates product design best practices, and thrives in a fast-paced environment with tight feedback loops.
What will you be doing?
- Design for Front’s core product experience across various platforms including web, desktop, and mobile
- Understand and represent customers in product decisions with cross-functional peers during tradeoff, timeline, and experience discussions
- Impact business goals through effective and efficient development of design solutions
- Prototype new features and UX flows to get feedback
- Define product and user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Participate and shape the design team’s culture—establishing best practices, standardizing processes, and continued learning
What skills and experience do you need?
- 3-5+ years of experience building and shipping world-class products across various platforms
- Strong portfolio that exhibits mastery of design foundations, interaction patterns, attention to detail, and the ability to bring flows to life through prototyping
- Growth mindset and eagerness to give and receive constructive feedback in a transparent work environment
- Experience with user-research and a collaborative approach to design
- Empathy for users and a passion for productivity-focused products
- Collaborative approach and belief that the best products are built through a partnership with product, design, and engineering
- Thoughtful communication skills. You can write documentation and present design decisions and processes confidently with audiences of all levels
- Full professional English proficiency
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.