Full Stack Engineer - Insights
Paris, France /
Front is on a mission to make work happier with the first-ever customer communication hub. Relationships are everything in business, but they’re hard to maintain as a business grows because traits like trust, compassion, and empathy are human qualities that have been difficult for technology to scale. We’ve reimagined the way businesses communicate by bringing customer conversations to the center of one’s focus. Today, nearly 8,000 businesses–including Dropbox, Airbnb, Lydia, and Saint Gobain–have discovered that they can still grow their business and keep the human touch. With $204M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, Zoom, and PagerDuty.
The world is on course to work happier. We believe our role is to accelerate and shape this path in three ways: the product we make, the culture we live, and the example we set. We strongly believe in our company values of transparency, high standards, collaboration, low ego, and care. And we look for candidates who reflect these same values. Employee happiness and well-being is a vital component of life at Front. We offer flexibility in work schedules via our Flexible Fridays program and host events for employees to enjoy time with their fellow Fronteers. Whether it is building Legos, playing board games, singing at Karaoke nights, watching movie marathons, or enjoying a homemade DJ set done by a Fronteer, we are always on the lookout to invent fun ways to enjoy life both in and outside of work.
Front is a complex app with high performance requirements: some of our teams involve thousands of users working together in real-time on millions of messages every day. To meet those requirements, we use modern tools like NodeJS, React and TypeScript.
As part of the Insights team, you will be responsible for accelerating the growth of the “Analytics” feature set of the product. This team serves the managers and decision makers by providing valuable and meaningful learnings to let them excel and scale their business in a competitive environment. To do so, we develop and integrate a full Business Intelligence engine to provide valuable insights, which match the use cases of collaboration and performance, in our simple and intuitive UI inside Front without the need for an extra tool.
What will you be doing?
- Contribute to a central, complex components of the Front application
- Deliver on our product roadmap, turning rough specs into features
- Make Front more valuable to our users by providing them with relevant insights on their business
- Make Front more reliable by scaling our data engine to match our customer’s growth and ingesting their datasets
- Make Front more efficient by raising our #high-standards and focusing on operation and maintainability
- Work closely with product managers, product designers and other engineers to conceptualize, build and test new features
What skills and experience do you need?
- Be knowledgeable about modern web technologies and excited to learn new ones, e.g. NodeJS, ES6, TypeScript, React
- Have exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application
- Product minded: committed to building the best user experience
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism
- Full professional English proficiency
- Expertise with data management and/or ElasticSearch is a plus
What we offer
✨ Competitive salary
🤝 Equity for permanent positions (we are post-series D & backed by some of the best VCs in the US)
🏥 Private health insurance fully covered by Front
🤩 Brand new office in Paris
💪 Flexible Fridays - learn more here!
🏡 Flexibility to work from anywhere 3 days/week (unless posted as a full-remote role)
🛋 Mental health support with Modern Health
🍼 Family planning support with Maven