People Partner (HRBP)
San Francisco, CA
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t made for business and hasn’t evolved to help you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on many siloed apps that make you less productive as a whole.
With more than 5,000 customers and $79 million in funding from Sequoia, Threshold (formerly DFJ), and others, Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work. With over 120 employees across two offices in San Francisco and Paris, with rapid growth ahead of us, we are investing in our People Team to continue to build our amazing team and culture.
As a Great Place to Work-certified company, we are deliberate about connecting our people initiatives, decisions, and practices to our company values. The mission of the People Team at Front is to enable Fronteers to thrive and be successful in their roles. In that, we’re looking for a People Partner (Human Resources Business Partner) who will be a strategic and deeply engaged partner to our Fronteers. This person will be an advisor and thought partner to managers and individuals to help move the business forward through people initiatives and coaching. A successful candidate will be someone who truly enjoys problem solving, is willing to think outside of the box to bring creative solutions to helping people, and is excited to deeply understand the business at every level of the organization.
What will you be doing?
- Be a partner to Fronteers in our San Francisco location, which includes providing advice, feedback and coaching, advocating for teams/individuals, mediating between team members, and looking for opportunities for growth or development
- Work closely with leadership and managers on people initiatives and situations (e.g. coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, succession planning)
- Partner with the Head of HR on compensation planning, including approving offers, managing performance increases, and helping to scale our compensation model
- Assess organizational health and effectiveness on a regular basis and identify opportunities to drive improvements and efficiencies
- Work closely with the People Team, Finance, and other partners across the organization to solve problems and help Front scale
- Support our company culture in all interactions, advice, coaching, and partnership by instilling our values and promoting a culture of feedback and communication
- Advocate for teams or individuals and represent their needs to the Head of HR and leadership
- Mediate between team members when appropriate and escalate to senior leadership and the broader talent team if necessary
- Set and deliver on quarterly goals based on your knowledge and needs of the organization, putting your imprint on continuing to make Front an amazing place to work
What skills and experience do you need?
- 6 - 8+ years of progressive HR experience in a high speed, high growth environment, 4 years of HRBP experience preferred
- Deep knowledge of HR practices and employment laws and experience in compensation, HR employee relations, employee engagement and retention strategies, and coaching
- Ability to apply different coaching techniques to various situations - not taking a one-size-fits-all approach
- Ability to work on individual problems, but also able to have a cohesive view across the company at a more strategic level
- Strong communication and relationship building skills to effectively support the team and build trust
- Thoughtful, data-driven, caring, and direct approach to people and problems
- Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn, grow, and help others
- Can work autonomously, but wants to partner with others and open to feedback
- Analytically driven, using qualitative and quantitative approaches to solve problems
- Looking for someone who truly enjoys bringing creative thinking in using people programs and initiatives to solve for the needs of the business
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- BA/BS degree
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.