Sr. Electron Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t made for business and hasn’t evolved with the way you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on many siloed apps that make you less productive as a whole.
With more than 4,000 customers and $79 million in funding from Sequoia, DFJ and others, Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
What will you be doing?
- Own Front’s Electron application and its current and future architecture
- Drive and deliver on our product roadmap (frontapp.com/roadmap), turning rough specs into features
- Provide leadership and mentorship to other engineers on the team
- Build new features on top of Electron to support our large-and-growing user base
- Collaborate with the open source community to improve Electron
- Make Front’s Electron app feel at native to each platform, and solve OS and hardware-specific problems
- Work in lock-step with our Frontend team to decide how Front’s desktop client & features should work
- Work with our support team to track down and fix Electron-specific issues
What skills and experience do you need?
- 5+ years of industry experience building fast, reliable, real-time web-based applications
- You’ve made contributions to relevant open source projects (Electron preferred, of course) and can point to things you’ve worked on
- You know the Chromium and Node.js platforms really well, and know what it’s like to try to work around quirks in the system
- Knowledgeable about modern web technologies and excited to learn new ones, e.g. Electron, ES6, TypeScript, React
- You’ve been excited about WebAssembly, and you’d be up for compiling C++ on different operating systems and writing N-API add-ons if the need arose
- Product minded: committed to building the best user experience
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism