San Francisco, CA
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t made for business and hasn’t evolved with the way you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on many siloed apps that make you less productive as a whole.
With more than 4,000 customers and $79 million in funding from Sequoia, DFJ and others, Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
We’re looking for an experienced Brand Designer to define, evolve, and maintain Front’s visual language. You will play a key role in shaping every aspect of how the world sees our product across all touch points. As our first dedicated Brand Designer, you’ll join a small (but mighty) team of product designers, where you’ll have a tremendous amount of ownership over the future of the Front brand and Front’s marketing website www.frontapp.com. You will collaborate closely with other designers, marketing, sales, and product teams to visually bring our communication initiatives to life. The ideal candidate for this role is self-motivated, an excellent visual storyteller and passionate about creating well-crafted, and engaging brand creative.
What will you be doing?
- Working with design and marketing leadership to define, evolve, and maintain Front’s brand identity across all marketing and product touch points
- Taking complex product concepts and bringing them to life simply and beautifully through visual storytelling.
- Executing the visual design for brand assets across initiatives like our website, landing pages, emails, videos, display ads, print collateral, infographics, and more
- Communicating effectively with stakeholders when presenting your work and clearly articulating your design rationale
- Managing multiple projects at once, while setting appropriate expectations and meeting realistic deadlines
What skills and experience do you need?
- 4+ years of experience in visual and web design
- Demonstrable foundation in typography, color, visual design, and story-telling with experience shipping well crafted design solutions
- Strong portfolio of relevant marketing, brand, or advertising work, across multiple channels
- Deep knowledge of design tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision)
- Solid understanding of design for web including layout, typography, HTML/CSS
- Curiosity and creativity to test new ideas and innovate to improve business results
- Effective communicator, presenter, and eager to give and receive feedback
- Illustration and animation skills are a bonus