Head of Sales Development
San Francisco, CA
***This position can be based in San Francisco, CA or Phoenix, AZ***
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t made for business and hasn’t evolved to help you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on many siloed apps that make you less productive as a whole.
With more than 5,000 customers and $79 million in funding from Sequoia, Threshold (formerly DFJ), and others, Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
The BDR program has two goals—generate qualified pipeline and develop business development representatives’ careers. We care deeply about both goals.
We have worked purposefully over the past year increase the percentage of our new business revenue that comes from the outbound BDR team by partnering closely with our internal customers and Account Executives to generate high quality meetings and pipeline. The mission of the sales development organization at Front is to generate high-quality pipeline and the shaping the future top Account Executives for Front.
We’re looking for the right candidate who has extensive sales and management experience who can help to scale this team and at the same time preserve our collaborative culture. Over the next year our team will rapidly scale and that will bring with it new challenges including helping to develop a growing team of extraordinary managers. We recognize the future of sales at Front is through outbound motions and therefore we’re looking for a seasoned leader to build, scale, and deliver.
- Scale to 30+ BDRs
- Execute on vision to make the BDR team a company-wide incubator for talent
- Recruit, interview, and hire excellent BDRs at scale
- Drive execution through rigorous metrics and forecast management
- Maintain and improve relationships with sales and marketing leadership partners
- Work closely with marketing, sales, and sales operations to ensure alignment on your team’s strategy and execution
- 4+ years leading BDR teams and/or programs
- 2+ years leading multiple teams in different locations
- Closing experience and track record of exceeding quota
- Experience building career development programs for high performing individual contributors
- Experience with funnel management across multiple channels(inbound, upsell, outbound, marketing)
- Salesforce and systems knowledge
- Excellent project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit
- You find it second-nature working in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills(verbal & written)
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.