Senior Frontend Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t designed for business and hasn’t evolved with the way you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on dozens of siloed apps just to get the job done.
With more than 6,000 customers Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to the Forbes Cloud 100 2020, the definitive list of the top software companies in the world. We have also been recognized on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups, Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2019, The New York Times’ The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups, Fortune’s Best Small Workplaces, and Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
Front is a complex app with high performance requirements: some of our teams involve hundreds of users working together in real-time on thousands of messages every day. To meet those requirements, we use modern tools like React, Redux, Styled Components, and TypeScript. We’re looking for an experienced frontend engineer based in San Francisco who’s comfortable working with those tools to deliver key product improvements and new features.
What will you be doing?
- Own central, complex components of the Front application
- Drive and deliver on our product roadmap (frontapp.com/roadmap), turning rough specs into features
- Ramp on new web technologies that will make Front better
- Find elegant solutions to usability problems
- Provide leadership and mentorship to other engineers on the team
What skills and experience do you need?
- 5+ years of industry experience building fast, reliable, real-time web-based applications
- Knowledgeable about modern web technologies and excited to learn new ones
- Product minded: committed to building the best user experience
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism
#RemoteUSA - We are also open to hiring remotely for this position across the USA.
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.