Sr. Platform Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t made for business and hasn’t evolved with the way you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on many siloed apps that make you less productive as a whole.
With more than 3,800 customers and $79 million in funding from Sequoia, DFJ and others, Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
The Front Platform team is in charge of delivering the best cross-product experience to our users by providing and maintaining tools (HTTP APIs & SDKs) for developers to easily integrate any system into Front. Our platform currently has 40 integrations (developed both internally and by third party partners), but there’s more work to be done. We’re looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to build off of our strong foundation and scale the next generation of the Front platform.
What will you be doing?
- Own central, complex components of the Front platform
- Full stack web application development with a variety of technologies including but not limited to React, node.js, Electron
- Work closely with our Product Manager and design team to help drive and deliver on our product roadmap (frontapp.com/roadmap), turning 1-pager specs into features
- Work closely with operations and infrastructure to build and scale back-end services
- Obsess about the quality of the product and the work you produce
What skills and experience do you need?
- 5+ years of industry experience with a strong track record of launching and delivering projects of significant complexity and high level of ambiguity
- Experience architecting, deploying and operating a fast growing distributed platform
- A strong product mindset: we’re a product company on a mission to change how teams get work done so they can achieve more together
- Knowledgeable about modern web technologies and excited to learn new ones, e.g. ES6, Babel, Electron, AngularJS, React
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Experience with performance benchmarking and diagnostic tools
- Extensive experience in node.js or a modern front-end JS framework like React
- Familiarity with email formats or intricate details of HTML parsing
- Experience working with a multi-data center setup