Outbound Sales Development Representative
Chicago, IL /
Front is a hub for customer communication that allows companies to offer tailor-made service at scale. Front looks and feels like your email inbox with a few very important differences: teammates collaborate in the same place where external messages are sent and received, and behind the scenes, robust workflows and integrations power the efficiency and insights typically found in a CRM. More than 6,500 businesses use Front to work together to send out the best replies faster, keep messages organized across channels, and always maintain a personal touch. The result is premier, personalized service that scales with your business — and a team that works together as one.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022 List, Inc. Magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces list, and Y Combinator's list of Top Companies in 2022. We have also been recognized on Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies in 2021.
Front is looking for high-energy, driven professionals with sound business insight and natural sales instincts to join, and help build, our Sales Development organization. You will lay the foundation of sales efforts through identifying and prospecting into companies that would benefit from the reinvention of email through Front. As a Sales Development Representative, you will be the tip of the spear for growth at Front.
As the first line of contact, you are able to quickly understand the complex business needs of a wide array of email use cases. You are quick on your feet and possess grit to overcome objections. You will become an expert in Front, email clients, email services, and technical workflows that enable Front customers to be more productive and collaborative. You will use your convincing personality and passion for winning to raise the bar of success, documenting and tracking qualified opportunities to pass onto the Account Executive team. You will use a data-driven approach to outbound sales that incorporates prospecting, email communication, and calling at minimum 50 prospects per day.
This position will be required to report to our Chicago office.
What will you be doing?
- Evangelizing Front with key decision-makers across all levels and business types
- Identifying prospective leads through creative research methods
- Prospecting large value prospects that are a good fit for Front
- Utilizing cold calling to qualify leads and set up meetings between merchants and members of our Account Executive team
- Creating a great first impression to our prospects by inspiring them to learn how Front can benefit their business
- Learning and maintaining a firm understanding of our sales process
- Excelling in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Keeping meticulous records of interactions with leads in our CRM
- Attaining and consistently exceeding your monthly quotas
What skills and experience do you need?
- 1+ years in a qualifying or prospecting role is required
- Grit, hunger, curiosity, passion, and intellect
- Critical thinking and strong decision-making abilities
- A resilient and persuasive personality
- Zero reservations communicating over the phone
- Demonstrated familiarity with SaaS products and the enterprise communications industry
- CRM experience, especially Salesforce, is a plus
- Empathy and a unique ability to understand customer needs
- A great attitude and love for teamwork
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.