Full Stack Engineer - Billing
San Francisco, CA
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t made for business and hasn’t evolved to help you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on many siloed apps that make you less productive as a whole.
With more than 5,000 customers and $79 million in funding from Sequoia, DFJ and others, Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
We are looking for talented, self-motivatedfull stack engineers to join our billing team. At Front, billing is more than a transaction, it is a lever. The more flexibility our customers have to compose the right plans for their team, the more value they derive from using our product. To be successful in this role you must be a quick learner, have proven software development skills, and work well in a small, cross-functional, dynamic team.
What will you be doing?
- Buildout reliable and scalablebilling infrastructure at Front.
- Work in a fast-paced startup environment, partnering with business operations, sales, finance, product managers, designers and other engineers to conceptualize, build and test new billing features.
What skills and experience do you need?
- 2+ years of industry experience building fast, reliable, real-time web-based applications.
- Knowledgeable about modern web technologies and excited to learn new ones, e.g. Node.js ES6, TypeScript, React
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application.
- Product minded: committed to building the best user experience.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment.
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism.
- Experience with SaaS billing systems
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.