Product Manager - Systems
San Francisco, CA
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t designed for business and hasn’t evolved with the way you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on dozens of siloed apps just to get the job done.
With more than 5,000 customers Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
On the Product Team at Front, we’re in a unique position where we get to use our own product every single day. We use a shared inbox to collect product feedback. We publish a public roadmap where anyone interested in Front can see what we’ve shipped and what we have planned. We have a highly engaged customer base for whom our product is essential to getting their work done, and they care greatly about making our product better.
We’re looking for an exceptional Systems Product Manager to join our growing product management team. You will be responsible for helping guide how we think about our core APIs and services. These include the way our channels system works and functions, our system of counters which alerts users to new messages and how many messages they have, and the API services which power our core services around messaging and collaboration.
What you'll do:
- Build a compelling strategy and roadmap based on insightful understanding of what technical initiatives will improve the customer’s experience
- Navigate ambiguity to set direction. Parse through complex technical issues, lead your team to focus on the right things, measure success in the right ways, and solve things thoroughly
- Partner cross-functionally with Engineering, Sales, Solutions Engineering, and Support to innovate and execute product initiatives across the company
- Rally teams to work together towards a common goal; oversee many moving parts to ensure deliverables are met on time
- Write specs, manage project execution, and define product roll-out strategy
- Discover and present new product insights by analyzing qualitative and quantitative customer data
- Understand Front’s competitive position in the market; execute on our strategic plan to become the primary client that companies use to manage all of their external communication
What skills & experience you'll need:
- Engineering background; you have a Computer Science degree and/or you’ve worked in a technical role that requires understanding core architecture concepts and APIs
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Systems thinker; you push your team to build infrastructure in scalable ways, to identify root causes and solve them thoroughly
- Execution-oriented; you’re highly organized; you’re comfortable managing many work streams; you know how to make the right trade-offs; you ensure that teams ship on time
- Collaborative and low-ego; you work well with all kinds of personalities; you work well with teams across multiple geographies
- Data-driven; you understand how to use data to guide product decisions
- Excellent communication skills; you’re comfortable getting into technical deep dives with engineers; you can zoom out and explain concepts simply and succinctly to a non-technical audience
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.