San Francisco, CA /
Front powers the heart of business: the meaningful connections between teams and customers that lead to lasting relationships. Bringing email and apps together in a collaborative customer communication platform, Front drives business impact by scaling the natural conversations that create customers for life. More than 6,500 businesses are using Front today to cultivate personalized customer relationships at scale and transform their work into impact.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies in 2021 and Forbes Cloud 100 2020, the definitive list of the top software companies in the world. We have also been recognized on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups, The New York Times ’The Next Wave of‘ Unicorn’ Start-Ups, Fortune’s Best Small Workplaces, and Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
We’re looking for an experienced legal counsel to be the second legal hire in a rapidly-growing, enterprise SaaS company in San Francisco. We are looking for a practical attorney who can help build the legal function, with an emphasis on owning all commercial contracts. You will play a central role in decisions affecting Front’s go-to-market strategy as we accelerate through an unprecedented phase of growth and success at scale. The ideal candidate will be energized by a wide array of day-to-day legal activities, cross-functional collaboration, and learning new technology.
What will you be doing?
- Own the drafting, review, negotiation, and management (including legal operations) of a wide range of customer and vendor legal agreements.
- Partner closely with the sales team on customer deals.
- Maintain and update terms of service, privacy policies and other templates.
- Assist with the development of policies, procedures, and trainings to support a rapidly-growing, global business.
- Take the lead on various special projects as the need arises.
- There is significant opportunity to expand the depth and breadth of the role depending on the candidate’s capability and appetite.
What skills and experience do you need?
- 7+ years experience with demonstrated expertise negotiating and structuring SaaS commercial transactions with a wide range of counterparties, cultures and working styles.
- JD from an accredited law school and Member of the California State Bar in good standing.
- Can-do, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude no matter how big or small the task.
- Experience with data privacy/data security is a plus.
- Exercise mature and reliable judgment while enjoying the company's enthusiastic, informal and fast-paced environment.
- Creative thinker with strong problem solving skills and the ability to effectively manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to tolerate change and ambiguity in the law.
- Last but not least, a sense of humor.
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.