Head of Sales Development
San Francisco, CA /
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t designed for business and hasn’t evolved with the way you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on dozens of siloed apps just to get the job done.
With more than 6,000 customers Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to the Forbes Cloud 100 2020, the definitive list of the top software companies in the world. We have also been recognized on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups, Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2019, The New York Times’ The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups, Fortune’s Best Small Workplaces, and Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
We’re looking for a Head of Sales Development with extensive sales and leadership experience who can help to rapidly scale the BDR team, while also preserving our collaborative culture. Front's BDR program has two goals—generate qualified pipeline and develop business development representatives’ careers. We care deeply about both goals. We have worked purposefully over the past year to increase the percentage of our new business revenue that comes from the outbound BDR team by partnering closely with our internal customers and Account Executives to generate high quality meetings and pipeline. We are looking for a leader to take those foundational efforts to the next level in an aggressive year of growth for Front. This role reports into the CRO.
What will you be doing?
- Scale the team to support our aggressive growth goals
- Execute on our vision to make the BDR team a company-wide incubator for talent
- Recruit, interview, and hire excellent BDRs at scale
- Work with Sales Enablement to drive world class BDR onboarding
- Drive execution through rigorous metrics and forecast management
- Maintain and improve relationships with sales and marketing leadership partners
- Work closely with marketing, sales, and sales operations to ensure alignment on your team’s strategy and execution
What skills and experience do you need?
- 4+ years leading BDR teams and/or programs, and 2+ years leading multiple teams in different locations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Closing experience and/or track record of exceeding quota
- Experience building career development programs for high performing individual contributors
- Experience with funnel management across multiple channels (inbound, upsell, outbound, marketing)
- Salesforce and systems knowledge
- Excellent project management skills
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit
- You find it second-nature working in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms
*We are open to candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area or Phoenix, AZ*
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.