Frontend Engineering Manager
At Front, we’re redefining work communications and collaboration with our shared inbox for teams. Front brings all of your communication channels (email, Facebook, Twitter, Twilio SMS, live chat etc.) into one place, so you can triage and assign messages, have internal conversations around them, and even sync work across other apps you use from Salesforce to GitHub, without ever leaving your inbox. Today, over 2,500 companies rely on Front to power their communications, and we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager based in San Francisco to lead and grow a group of highly talented frontend engineers.
- Lead the frontend team on developing, testing and implementing new product features on our web and Electron app: frontapp.com/roadmap
- Set clear expectations and goals for the frontend team and deliver results
- Anticipate and address issues around team communication, performance, interpersonal dynamics and ownership swiftly and directly
- Provide the appropriate guidance to help engineers turn rough specs into feature
- Recruit outstanding technical talent in a highly competitive market
- 5+ years of industry experience building fast, reliable, real-time web-based applications
- 2+ years managing high-performing frontend teams that exemplify a culture of excellence
- Knowledgeable about modern web technologies and excited to learn new ones, e.g. ES6, Babel, Electron, AngularJS, React
- Product minded: committed to building the best user experience
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism