At Front, we’re redefining work communications and collaboration with our shared inbox for teams. Front brings all of your communication channels (email, Facebook, Twitter, Twilio SMS, live chat etc.) into one place, so you can triage and assign messages, have internal conversations around them, and even sync work across other apps you use from Salesforce to GitHub, without ever leaving your inbox. Today, over 2,500 companies rely on Front to power their communications, and we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for a Product Designer who is committed to excellence and ready to break new ground in communication design. Ever since Front started in 2013, Design is what has set it apart from other services. People have high expectations for email which can be both challenging and rewarding. By changing one slight workflow, you can dramatically improve hours of someone’s day, every day. The product is being designed as it is being implemented; you thrive in this kind of fast-paced environment with tight feedback loops.
- Design experiences and improve current designs on Mac/Win/Web/iOS/Android
- Help define product strategy
- Establish best practices: from software to design workflows or file versioning, help define and standardize the processes of the design team
- Be involved in day-to-day design work and earn the trust of your co-workers in the field by showing them what you’ve designed
- Be a design evangelist across departments: be prepared to argue and explain the weight of design and the tradeoffs necessary due to timelines, user experience, etc.
- Occasionally help with branding & marketing assets (we all wear many hats in a start-up) :)
- 2+ years of experience building and shipping world-class products
- Experience with and passion for productivity-focused products
- Strong portfolio with a highly refined aesthetic
- Ability to defend design decisions
- UX sensibility and exceptional eye for detail
- Highly collaborative both within the design team and cross-functionally
- Patient and kind; you are eager to give and receive constructive feedback in a transparent work environment
- Solid communication skills with audiences of all levels, across all teams
- Experience with front-end programming is a plus but not required