Front Range Biosciences is a fast-growing tissue culture nursery company bringing modern agricultural science to the cannabis industry. We have operations in Colorado, California, and Wisconsin. FRB is headed by two founders – a PhD Chemist and an MBA, both experienced entrepreneurs with experience across the biotechnology sector from agriculture to pharmaceuticals, molecular diagnostics, and biofuels. FRB is committed to providing best-in-class products that improve reliability, efficiency, and performance for growers.
We are looking for a skilled Purchasing Agent to buy goods and services necessary for our business. You have the means and opportunity to raise our profits by making the most high-quality and cost-effective purchases.
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and a commercial mindset. You should know how to evaluate market conditions and different suppliers. Communication skills will help you negotiate effectively and maintain profitable relationships.
The goal is to acquire supplies that are critical for the success of our business operations.
- Develop profitable purchasing strategies
- Assess supplier profiles and analyze offers
- Prepare and implement effective negotiation tactics
- Must Manage relationships with key suppliers to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery and compliance to terms of contracts
- Review supplies to ensure quality
- Monitor stock levels
- Keep updated records
- Must be willing to learn a new industry and materials necessary to successfully grow the business
- Other job duties as assigned
- Proven experience as a purchasing agent or relevant role with two or more years of experience in an agricultural setting
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating prices and terms and conditions
- Knowledge of market research, data analysis and purchasing best practices
- Working knowledge of MS Office, (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Google Suite
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A strong analytical mindset
- Outstanding organizational skills
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA will be considered a plus or 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- 2 to 5 years of purchasing experience in a agricultural environment
Physical Job Requirements
- Must be able to sit, stand, and walk while performing the job
- Will be able to use a computer, telephone, copier, fax machine and other office equipment
- Must be able to lift-up to 50 lbs. infrequently
- Must be mentally able to make decisions, problem solve, organize, and read/write.