Front Range Biosciences is a value-driven agricultural biotech company with the mission to improve society by applying science to high-value crops. Our goal is to become a trusted global leader in agricultural technology, coffee, and hemp products using our innovative Clean Stock nurseries, quality breeding programs, and contemporary seed testing and production.
Supports the Production Manager in all job duties to ensure that all plant needs are met, and company goals are realized. The successful candidate will be a key member of a fast paced and collaborative agricultural sciences company. This position entails working with industrial hemp. There is a strong emphasis on productivity, efficiency and employee safety. Reports to Manager.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Harvest cuttings, trimming, sticking, transplanting, grading and repairing plant material.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have ability learn new tasks and perform tasks in a safe and productive manner meeting company work standards.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to take instruction, follow protocols, willingness to learn new skills and detail oriented
- Must desire to and enjoy working in a greenhouse setting
- Communicate effectively with supervisors and follow team members
- Ensures the safe keeping of confidential information
- Report to: Manager
- Previous greenhouse experience
- English/ Spanish speaking skills
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks with both hands with manual dexterity
- Must be able to perform the following physical tasks: seeing, talking, listening, sitting, stooping, stretching, walking, bending, twisting and reaching
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds intermittently
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Have the ability to follow safety rules and perform tasks safely
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Exposure to pollen, allergens, chemicals
- Extreme weather conditions including sun and heat
- Work environment includes, but not limited to, fans, no AC, dirt/gravel, noise, protective gear, water, humidity, warehouse equipment, uneven ground, chemicals, dust, odors, extreme heat