Field Breeding and Trials Manager
Research and Development
Front Range Biosciences is a value-driven agricultural biotech company with the mission to improve society by applying science to high-value crops. Our goal is to become a trusted global leader in agricultural technology, coffee, and hemp products using our innovative Clean Stock nurseries, quality breeding programs, and contemporary seed testing and production.
The Field Breeding and Trials Manager will manage and create analytical evaluations and field evaluations of Industrial Hemp trials and seed production efforts in CO, CA, WI, NC, VA, and other states as needed. This position will also advise and participate in making decisions and breeding crosses with the goal of producing optimum seed for growers and identifying and creating industry leading selections.
Key Essential Functions
- Maintaining SOP’s and documentation of all field trials
- Organize all data, generate graphs, tables, and summaries
- Travel to field trial sites and evaluate crops
- Phenotyping and managing data
- Manage field breeding and seed production
- Coordinate trial shipments and planning
- Advise direction for creating optimum results
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 years experience in large scale agricultural seed breeding and production.
- Ability to travel to multiple states and potentially outside the US
- Proven track record in analytical record keeping
- Experience with directed agricultural breeding analysis and decision making
- Experience with phenotyping studies
- Bachelors of Science degree in Agricultural or Horticultural Science (Specialty in Plant Breeding Preferred)
- Masters or PHD in Agricultural or Horticultural Plant Breeding Science (Preferred)
Key Competencies, Skills, and Certifications
- Professional, dependable, organized, and ethical
- Must have good communication skills
- Technical skills: Proficient in Word, Excel, and Power Point