Front Range Biosciences is a value-driven agricultural biotech company with the mission to improve society by applying science to high-value crops. Our goal is to become a trusted global leader in agricultural technology, coffee, and hemp products using our innovative Clean Stock nurseries, quality breeding programs, and contemporary seed testing and production.
Primary role to ensure that all plant needs are met, and company goals are realized. The successful candidate will be a key member of a fast-paced and collaborative start-up agricultural sciences company. Must have the ability to supervise Growing Team.
- Mentor growing team, establish team members goals and perform regular evaluations.
- Manage goals and metrics for growing team members.
- Schedule weekly and daily tasks for the growing team teaching and mentoring BBP’s.
- Scout weekly for plant pests and diseases and take corrective action.
- Apply preventive pesticides and fungicides in a manner compliant with OSHA and Federal WPS standards
- Develop BBP’s in fertility and nutrient programs
- Monitor environment and take corrective actions
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Maintain detailed and organized records of growing data and prepare and present regular progress reports. Responsible for maintaining inventory records
- Other job duties as assigned.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in growing plants
- Ability to take instruction, follow protocols, willingness to learn new skills, and detail oriented.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, chrome
- Working knowledge in growing systems as well as understanding temperature and humidity manipulation.
- Knowledge of best growing practices.
- Knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment options.
- Ability to obtain a private applicators pesticide license
- Communicate effectively with supervisors and employees.
- Ability to plan, troubleshoot, anticipate problems, and problem solve.
- Other job duties as assigned
Physical Demands of Job
- Ability to perform the following physical tasks: sitting, standing, stooping, stretching, walking, bending, twisting, reaching, performing repetitive motions, and carrying boxes up to 50 lbs
- The ability to follow safety rules