Front Range Biosciences is a value-driven agricultural biotech company with the mission to improve society by applying science to high-value crops. Our goal is to become a trusted global leader in agricultural technology, coffee, and hemp products using our innovative Clean Stock nurseries, quality breeding programs, and contemporary seed testing and production.
The greenhouse maintenance employee will perform electrical and mechanical equipment maintenance and repairs for the overall facilities and equipment. The facilities include several greenhouses and a plant tissue culture laboratory. All tasks should be completed in an organized, timely and cost-effective manner. To succeed in this role, you should be a self-motivated team player with a positive outlook, solid work ethic and strong communication skills.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Works well with all subcontractors.
- Decides after evaluation who should be called for technical work.
- Effectively delivers on key projects and commitments while maintaining team focus on safety, quality and budget.
- Understands and utilizes subcontractor agreements and purchase orders.
- Effectively assists with material delivery schedules.
- Communicates with management to ensure project status and any changes are known to all involved parties.
- Implements and enforces jobsite safety requirements.
- Assists with miscellaneous project duties as needed.
- Troubleshoot and perform maintenance on all equipment.
- Be on call 24/7 should any issues arise that require troubleshooting over the phone or in person.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (unless otherwise noted):
- At least five (5) years practical experience in commercial greenhouse maintenance.
- Must be familiar with automated control systems.
- Must have basic knowledge in electrical maintenance.
- Must have hands on experience with irrigation maintenance and installation.
KEY COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Professional, dependable and ethical.
- Results-focused; Able to effectively delegate to vendors and follow-up.
- Able to effectively work within a budget.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Technical skills: Proficient in Word, Outlook, and various systems.
- OSHA safety experience.
- General maintenance: 5 years (Required)
- Greenhouse facilities maintenance: 5 years (Required)
- Plumbing and Electrical maintenance: 3 years (Required)
- Education: High school (Required)