Director of Marketing
Front Range Biosciences is a value-driven agricultural biotech company with the mission to improve society by applying science to high-value crops. Our goal is to become a trusted global leader in agricultural technology, coffee, and hemp products using our innovative Clean Stock nurseries, quality breeding programs, and contemporary seed testing and production.
Front Range Biosciences, Inc. has an exciting new opportunity for a Director of Marketing based in our Denver, CO headquarters. We are seeking a dynamic, hard-working marketing professional with a team attitude. This key role defines, develop, and execute short and long-term strategic marketing for a horticultural company focused on the delivery of young high-value crops. The Director advises leadership on marketing strategy across all product lines and markets.
Responsibilities & Duties
- 10+ years of contemporary (including digital) professional marketing experience which demonstrates an understanding of how the marketing landscape has evolved and continues to change.
- Help build and drive the Front Range Biosciences brand
- Experience developing an inbound lead generation engine, including responsibility for company website, marketing automation platforms, SEO / SEM, etc.
- Drive demand through Account-Based Marketing lead generation campaigns in tandem with the sales team
- Seeks out feedback on what is working and what is not working. Challenges the status quo; creates, develops and implements new ideas, and processes; leverages new concepts; is innovative and takes calculated risks.
- Define message communication strategy, commercial insight, and integrated communications plans; link multiple portfolio messages to corporate messaging and ensure consistency and positioning across strategic and tactical elements of the marketing plan.
- Manage all functions associated with marketing products/services/programs regionally and nationally; literature, internal and external marketing publications, sales trainings, sales meetings, sales and customer presentation materials, digital.
- Assess promotional options, develop budget and future impact of promotional decisions (ROI) and advise on appropriate allocation of resources for maximum impact.
- Work with company leadership on the development of training programs and solutions that help enable the success of our customers and internal operations; translate studies, programs and solutions into sales and marketing tools.
- Manages all conference participation and associated literature to support sales and business development initiatives.
- Develop critical metrics to evaluate marketing performance, such as overall leads, web traffic, individual campaign performance, cost per lead, etc.
- Report on those metrics – both successes and failures – to the management team on a biweekly basis so that we can drive improvements
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Education
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- Strong sense of urgency
- 10+ years of strategic marketing experience; experience in agriculture, cannabis or related industry preferred
- Experience managing a high-performance team
- Advertising and market research experience a plus
- Experience controlling and coordinating concurrent projects, competing priorities and critical deadlines
- Experience presenting to senior management or C-suite with the purpose of influencing company or client decisions
- Experience presenting to sales with the purpose of exciting and motivating action
- Experience designing, creating and leading integrated marketing campaigns
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)