DevOps Engineer (Web3) - US Remote (ET)
Remote - US Eastern Time /
Product – Product Delivery - Engineering /
$95k - $150k (Salary + equity)
NOTE: Actual total compensation offer will vary based on applicant location / cost of living, skillsets, and level of relevant experience
About the company:
Eastern (UTC -05:00) and Central European UTC (+1:00)
Tessera provides ownership of the world’s most sought after NFTs! Working at Tessera, you will be building on the cutting edge of art, finance, and blockchain technology to help shape the future of digital collecting experiences.
You will get to work, learn and grow with an experienced team supported by incredible partnerships and committed investments from developers, collectors, investors, and thought leaders deeply passionate about the decentralization ecosystem.
You can read more from our medium posts here: https://medium.com/tessera
About the role:
We are looking for an exceptional DevOps Engineer to join us to help architect, build, and maintain the foundational infrastructure and platform for our web stack team to unleash their capabilities and efficiency in anticipation of future growth and frequent production-ready releases.
As the right person for this role, you should have a natural talent for problem solving using a “keep it simple” approach. You can communicate well and get along with others. You have a strong desire to automate anything that can be tested. You are looking to join a fun team who really enjoys what they do. You thrive on supporting your team by providing seamless and highly available services.
You will play a critical role and work closely with our CTO to establish the tools and principles that will successfully bring scalable automation and DevOps capabilities to our day-to-day build processes. This role will be expected to both establish and maintain scalable logging and monitoring infrastructure for deployed services as well. Experience with blockchain, NFTs, and DeFi is preferred.
Our Evolving Tech Stack
Front End: HTML, CSS, JS, Vue.js, React
Back End: Redis, MySQL, Node.js, Python
Infrastructure: AWS (S3, SQS, Lambda, EC2, Fargate)
Automated testing: Cypress
Integrations: browser-based crypto wallets such as MetaMask, APIs
What to expect
- Make a HUGE impact helping to bring ideas to reality as a core member of a lean, passionate, and friendly team
- Learn highly valuable, and complex concepts related to art, finance, and technology in a full-time role in an industry growing exponentially, on a team with some of the leading Web3 thought leaders
- Work within a dynamic team, who challenges the status quo and champions agile working plus continuous improvement
- Come in at the ground floor to build a scalable foundation you can be proud of without having to navigate the change management of transitioning from legacy ways of working
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in supporting and building CI/CD technologies
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in software development
- Minimum 3 years working with cloud-based workloads (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Strong experience with IaC (Terraform)
- Strong understanding of containerization (Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
- Experience building scalable development infrastructure and deployment systems
- Demonstrated passion to stay up-to-date on the latest CI/CD industry trends and ability to articulate potential value clearly and confidently
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines with embedded security testing to effectively secure and deploy cloud-based workloads
- Good knowledge of various IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS offerings within AWS.Includes Machine Provisioning, Database Provisioning, Network Architecture and various other aspects involved in VPC design
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle
- Efficient use of Git and Github
- Passion for writing concise, performant, and extensible code
- Experience with writing tests and implementing continuous integration and deployment tools
- Experience analyzing and optimizing the performance of processes in place
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong coding practices including peer code reviews and efficient agile development
- Strong technical and non-technical communication abilities, both verbal and written
Bonus points for
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field
- Previous experience in a rapidly scaling start-up environment
- DevSecOps experience
- Experience collaborating with software engineers to figure out new tooling requirements, then drive the implementation, documentation, maintenance, and improvement of these tools
- Experience with blockchain or smart contract integrations
- Experience with querying and interacting with EVM & non-EVM Based blockchains
- Someone who advocates for and understands how to incrementally refactor code to continually improve a codebase while ensuring that the systems are designed to scale
- 5 years experience in architecture, design, development, delivery of distributed applications
- Previous experience in a highly scaled, major tech company
What we're offering
- Competitive salary (and equity) in an exciting space driving disruptive innovation
- The opportunity to play a key voice in our growing organization
- A remote work environment with competitive benefits and holidays
- 7 additional company holidays, including all-company week-long winter break
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance for US-based employees
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location, career advancement, and competitive compensation package
- Optional offsite social events to help our employees become familiar with each other and our culture
- Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States
If you’re convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!
Once you've applied, please be patient :) it may take us up to 2-3 weeks to get back to you!
Don’t meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Tessera we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.