Software Engineer, Backend-Indexing
San Mateo, CA
Engineering – Engineering - Indexing Engine
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in San Mateo, CA.
FuelX is the leading commerce indexing company. Our technology leverages real-time data processing and machine learning to predict online shopping behaviors and to drive conversions for the brands that use our digital advertising platform. We are growing our team, and we're looking for people to join us on our mission to index the world's commerce data.
WE HOPE YOU GET EXCITED ABOUT:
- You and the team sharing ownership over all Indexing Pipeline and DMP automation.
- Being responsible for the core indexing platform.
- Build, scale and maintain FuelX Indexing Platform.
- Build and design a recommendation system to personalize ads based on user history.
- Re-architect the indexing platform to achieve scale, freshness, performance, precision and reliability.
- Build an A/B platform for experimentation.
- Build a scalable platform to process 100's of Terabytes of data.
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- At least 2+ years of experience building scalable and large scale software infrastructure in Java.
- At least 2+ years of hands on experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, HBase, YARN, spark, kafka, hive, pig, AWS Redshift, Data pipeline, RDS, DynamoDB, Kinesis, BigQ or Big Table.
- B.S./M.S. Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with Lucene, Solr or ElasticSearch.
- Knowledge of Information Retrieval and Recommendation systems-
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures and algorithms.
- A strong understanding of distributed systems.
- Experience with raw DB clusters (SQL and No-SQL).
- Experience with A/B platforms.
- Experience with workflow management tools such as Airflow, Oozie, Azkaban or UC4.
- The communication skills to work with both a team of peers and cross-functional teams (marketing/product dev/etc.)
- A Team Player mentality.
EVEN BETTER IF YOU HAVE:
- Knowledge of graph database.
- Experience with digital advertising.