Senior Backend Software Engineer
San Mateo, CA
Engineering – Engineering - Ad Platform
FuelX is the leading commerce indexing company. Our technology leverages real-time data processing and machine learning to predict online shopping behaviors and to drive conversions for the brands that use our digital advertising platform. We are growing our team, and we're looking for people to join us on our mission to index the world's commerce data.
FuelX is looking for a Lead or Senior Backend Software Engineer to own our backend server application. You will have the opportunity to build and work alongside a team of talented Engineers to provide and scale solutions, specifically including open bidder, profile engine and core APIs.
What success looks like for this person:
* Naturally curious about new technology.
* Demonstrated ability to be a fast learner.
* Self-motivated / self-directed.
* Familiarity with development processes.
* Strong influencing approach with team members.
- Work on open bidder framework for RTB (Real time bidding) project.
- Design and Develop high throughput frameworks and backend algorithms.
- Develop data distribution schemes based on graphs.
- Develop ETL and maintain large dataset in variable database structures.
- Install server solutions by applying Java tools; build custom designs; develop DBMS; complete prototypes; resolve problems.
- Validate server solution by developing and conducting test scripts.
- Improve server solutions by conducting systems analyses; identify problems; evaluate alternative solutions.
- Update job knowledge by studying upgraded Java development tools and programming techniques; participate in educational opportunities; read professional publications.
- Protect client operations by keeping information confidential.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize development and service issues.
- Provide data analysis, reports and visualizations for business and client support.
- At least 7 years of experience in professional software development
- B.S./M.S. Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in machine learning algorithms will be plus.
- Experience in Lucene based search.
- Experience in graph databases
- Experience in Netty/Jetty will be a plus.
- Expertise in Object Oriented analysis and design, in depth understanding of classic design patterns and J2EE patterns.
- Technically capable with maximizing build quality and simplifying the build process through use of build and integration tools (e.g. Ant, Maven, etc.).
- Analysis data structure with probability and complex analysis.
- Experience with applications that have multi threading/Java NIO and garbage collection.
- Data warehouse and process (ETL).
- Analysis models and statistics knowledge or equivalent mathematics background.
- Application DB structure (documentary, relational and Map).
- Experience with cloud computing in AWS, GCE, Azure.
- Team Player mentality