Senior Backend Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Engineering – Backend Engineering
At FuelX, we help our clients grow their business through data-driven video advertising.
Our video prospecting technology leverages real-time data processing and machine learning to bring our clients new customers. We know that dynamic online video advertising, coupled with rich data insights, is the only way to beat the noise of static ads.
Our team is growing and we’re looking to add smart, empathetic, passionate people who operate on high integrity. We value the energy that every team member brings to us and to our customers, and we're looking for individuals who want to bring their unique contribution to FuelX.
FuelX is looking for a Lead or Senior Backend Software Engineer to own our backend server application. You will have the opportunity to build and work alongside a team of talented Engineers to provide and scale solutions, specifically including open bidder, profile engine and core APIs.
What success looks like for this person:
* Naturally curious about new technology.
* Demonstrated ability to be a fast learner.
* Self-motivated / self-directed.
* Familiarity with development processes.
* Strong influencing approach with team members.
- Work on open bidder framework for RTB project.
- Develop ETL and maintain large dataset in variable database structures.
- Install server solutions by applying Java tools; build custom designs; develop DBMS; complete prototypes; resolve problems.
- Validate server solution by developing and conducting test scripts.
- Improve server solutions by conducting systems analyses; identify problems; evaluate alternative solutions.
- Update job knowledge by studying upgraded Java development tools and programming techniques; participate in educational opportunities; read professional publications.
- Protect client operations by keeping information confidential.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize development and service issues.
- Provide data analysis, reports and visualizations for business and client support.
- At least 3 years of server side Java development experience.
- Experience in Lucene based search.
- Expertise in Object Oriented analysis and design, in depth understanding of classic design patterns and J2EE patterns.
- Technically capable with maximizing build quality and simplifying the build process through use of build and integration tools (e.g. Ant, Maven, etc.).
- Analysis data structure with probability and complex analysis.
- Experience with applications that have multi threading and garbage collection.
- Data warehouse and process (ETL).
- Analysis models and statistics knowledge or equivalent mathematics background.
- Application DB structure (documentary, relational and Map).
- Experience with cloud computing in AWS, GCE, Azure.