Senior Data Engineer
San Francisco Bay Area
Engineering – Engineering - Indexing Engine
FuelX is the leading commerce indexing company. Our technology leverages real-time data processing and machine learning to predict online shopping behaviors and to drive conversions for the brands that use our digital advertising platform. We are growing our team, and we're looking for people to join us on our mission to index the world's commerce data.
FuelX is looking to bring aboard a Senior Data Engineer to build and lead a team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers. You and your team will own Big Data projects and DMP on automation. You'll cover a variety of realms from data collecting agents to ETL, from distribution system to machine learning models...anything you can image in the data world.
Some of the core success factors for the person who holds this role:
* A solid and demonstrated knowledge of Industrial AI concepts.
* Deep understanding of the full stack of data processing and industry application to adapt machine learning models.
* Big Data technologies are second nature to you and you have experience with large and rapid growth in scaling platform and data.
* Someone who likes to build!
- Build and maintain ETL and DMP.
- Build data visualization and report system above data warehouse.
- Build connectors on H-BASE.
- Build solutions for big data process.
- Build automation on data flow.
- Maintain data warehouse.
- At least 7 years of experience in professional software development
- B.S./M.S. Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- AWS Redshift
- Data pipeline
- Knowledgeable in Java and Python
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools
- At least 3 years of experience of building big data solutions
- Proficiency with Hadoop or HBase or other cluster system
- Fundamental understanding distribution system
- Solid communication skills to work with both a team of peers and cross-functional teams (marketing/product dev/etc)
- Experience with raw DB clusters (SQL and No-SQL )
- Foundational knowledge of Cache process and real time big data technology
- Prior experience with data warehousing and mining
- Team Player mentality
- Knowledge of graph database.
- Experience of digital advertising.
- Knowledge in machine learning.