Director of Marketing
San Francisco, CA
Marketing – Lead Generation
At FuelX, we help our clients grow their business through data-driven video advertising.
Our video prospecting technology leverages real-time data processing and machine learning to bring our clients new customers. We know that dynamic online video advertising, coupled with rich data insights, is the only way to beat the noise of static ads.
Our team is growing and we’re looking to add smart, empathetic, passionate people who operate on high integrity. We value the energy that every team member brings to us and to our customers, and we're looking for individuals who want to bring their unique contribution to FuelX.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced Director of Marketing. You should have an insatiable desire to try new things, a compulsive need to finish what you’ve started and an obsession with data to measure your success. You should be as capable of developing a strategy as you are with executing against it. You’ll be working directly with the CRO to develop the overall Marketing Plan and build your team. You’ll be working closely with our Co-Founder to deploy our new website and develop Sales and Events Marketing collateral and case studies. In the beginning, we’ll need your expertise in building out a set set of tools, processes and procedures while managing our campaign budgets. As we build the team around you, you will move into a managerial position.
We’re looking for an individual with the ability to program manage cross-functional marketing programs and campaign launches in collaboration with Sales and Product Engineering teams. We’re expecting you to develop our campaign strategies as well as run them using data to support your decisions.
- Demand Generation: Ownership of both the strategy and execution of our outbound demand generation efforts including email, paid media, social, and partner marketing. Develop and execute campaign ideas focused on new customer acquisition; develop and maintain campaign budgets, plans and schedules and report out on progress. Long term ownership of setting the budget, strategy and monitoring execution. Compulsive use of data to measure the results of every program and inform decisions. Establish toolset and processes required to scale the function.
- Website: Work directly with our co-founder on development of content and copy. Set long term strategy on page development tied in with our Product Marketing and Demand Generation / Campaign efforts. Optimize and build out campaign specific website content for SEO rankings and run paid search campaigns.
- Sales Collateral: Develop overall brand thread between website and collateral being used by Sales and Events MarketingDevelop Case Studies for the brand focused on industry vertical and product capabilities.
- Tools and Process: Quickly establish a baseline set of requirements to build out the Marketing tools needed to scale the function. Work with CRO to build and execute a long term road map leveraging investments to drive positive ROI.
- Team Building: Quickly assess team needs and grow according team according to plan.
- Other: Develop and deploy lead nurturing programs to advance prospects through the buying cycle. Manage all social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, for content distribution, user engagement and lead generation.
- 15+ years of experience in digital marketing across several roles with ownership over inbound and outbound marketing activities such as content production, email marketing, social media and automated lead nurturing.
- Comfort with both executive level and individual contributor settings and capable of switching gears between the two.
- Understands the lead generation process within a primarily direct sales motion.
- Takes initiative with projects and responsibilities.
- Able to multi-task with experience managing multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- High attention to detail and accuracy despite deadline pressures.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and reporting skills.
- Team player with a collaborative, upbeat work ethic excited to work hard and have fun.
- Proficiency with HTML/CSS and experience with a robust set of marketing platforms.
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and visual.
- Experience with web page design and creation a huge plus. Ability to manage agency resources to accomplish goals a must.
- Experience with the following: JIRA, Confluence, Google Analytics, Hubspot or Marketo, Optimizely, AdWords, Mailchimp, Yesware and other advertising or marketing platforms required.