Director of Engineering - Indexing Platform
San Francisco, CA
Engineering – Backend Engineering
At FuelX, we help our clients grow their business through data-driven video advertising.
Our video prospecting technology leverages real-time data processing and machine learning to bring our clients new customers. We know that dynamic online video advertising, coupled with rich data insights, is the only way to beat the noise of static ads.
Our team is growing and we’re looking to add smart, empathetic, passionate people who operate on high integrity. We value the energy that every team member brings to us and to our customers, and we're looking for individuals who want to bring their unique contribution to FuelX.
As the Director of Engineering for this team, you will focus on building our indexing platform (DMP and MLP), lead the growth and development of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact, and provide technical expertise in an effort to drive core team processes to project success.
- Architect projects with SOA and Micro-Services.
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement on the team's code, architecture, and processes.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Proactively pursuing continuous education by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations.
- At least 10 years of experience in software development (most recent 4 years in cloud and big data platform).
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- Proven experience in architecture, design and development, and managing / leading Software Development Life Cycle.
- Demonstrated knowledge with Agile, Scrum, and / or Kanban.
- Solid experience of big data in action, systematization, automation, and extensibility design.
- Experience setting direction for the team, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning.
- Data driven and machine learning skills.
- Data specialist in Java / Python, data stream, ETL, data storage, distributed computing, cache layer, in-memory calculation, realtime protocol, smart application, machine learning, SQL, NoSQL, graphic and in-memory db.