Director of Engineering - Ad Platform
San Francisco, CA
Engineering – Data Engineering
At FuelX, we help our clients grow their business through data-driven video advertising.
Our video prospecting technology leverages real-time data processing and machine learning to bring our clients new customers. We know that dynamic online video advertising, coupled with rich data insights, is the only way to beat the noise of static ads.
Our team is growing and we’re looking to add smart, empathetic, passionate people who operate on high integrity. We value the energy that every team member brings to us and to our customers, and we're looking for individuals who want to bring their unique contribution to FuelX.
As the Director of Engineering for this team, you will own and operate our advertising platform.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Communicate cross functionally to hone product strategy and deliver exceptional products.
- Ensure the team is extraordinarily productive and has a huge impact.
- Up to 20% "hands-on" development in addition to management.
- Continuous education by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations.
- At least 10 years of experience in software development (of which the last 4 years experience in cloud and big data platform).
- At least 5 years of experience at a rapidly growing startup, or with leading cutting edge teams at a larger tech company, and ideally you have hands-on experience building systems and technologies.
- BS Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- Solid knowledge of platform architecture, design patterns, and conceptual modeling.
- Demonstrated experience with systematization, automation, and extensibility design.