Marketing Communications Manager
San Francisco, CA
Marketing – Content
At FuelX, we help our clients grow their business through data-driven video advertising.
Our video prospecting technology leverages real-time data processing and machine learning to bring our clients new customers. We know that dynamic online video advertising, coupled with rich data insights, is the only way to beat the noise of static ads.
Our team is growing and we’re looking to add smart, empathetic, passionate people who operate on high integrity. We value the energy that every team member brings to us and to our customers, and we're looking for individuals who want to bring their unique contribution to FuelX.
We’re hiring a Marketing Communications Manager, who is obsessed with creating amazing product messaging, can think strategically and has a proven track record of collaborating across Sales, Marketing and Engineering. This role will be instrumental in creating our market positioning and differentiation, developing web content and equipping our sales team with the tools needed to win business. You will have the experience to create differentiated positioning, successfully plan and execute superior product launches and create business cases to impact global strategy. You will need to have the skills to succeed in a fast-paced startup environment and execute independently on a variety of tasks.
- Product Positioning and Messaging: Craft product naming, messaging and positioning documents that serves as the keystone for internal and outbound sales assets, marketing programs, Web copy, solution briefs, presentations and press releases.
- Product Content Creation: Develop and maintain our core product marketing content for display on the Company’s website and throughout the Company’s printed collateral for both Sales and Event Marketing. Collaborate closely with the demand generation team to develop the ideal content and positioning for outbound programs. Ensure product narratives are brought to life through integrated online, PR and direct response customer acquisition campaigns to support pipeline growth and revenue goals.
- Product Launches and Releases: Work closely with Engineering, Marketing and Sales to develop and execute launch plans for new products, product updates and major launches.
- Competitive & Market intelligence: Be an expert on your buyers, how they buy, and their buying criteria; create personas; understand segmentations; be an expert on your competition and how to beat them. Develop competitive benchmarking and content to position against other platforms.
- Sales Training: Develop the content needed to communicate the value of our products to the sales teams as part of their onboarding process and continuing education.
- Thought leadership & Advocacy: Be an external (and internal) brand and product champion in the market, contributing regularly on the company’s behalf through social media and other industry outlets. Deliver compelling presentations for in-person and online events that highlight how our products are differentiated and solve real problem sets.
- 5-7 years of content and copywriting experience or product marketing experience, with exposure to at least one of the following industries: ad tech, big data, artificial intelligence/machine learning. Experience launching new products.
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills with an obsessive attention to detail.
- Cross-functional leadership: demonstrated ability to work closely with Marketing, Sales and Engineering.
- Self-starter: Must have a positive attitude and can't be afraid to roll-up their sleeves and get things done.
- Project management skills: can prioritize highly varied activities in a typically dynamic start-up environment and keep projects on track through to completion.
- Travel: as needed for customer events, conferences, etc.
- Education: BA/BS degree in marketing or engineering. MBA a plus. Technical background a plus.