Playa Vista, CA
Brandworks – Sales & Sales Operations
It’s an exciting time to join our growing team at McBeard! We are looking for an experienced Account Director who is passionate about creating relevant and strong social content, and delivering innovative “big ideas” for social campaigns. You will lead a high-performing, fast-paced team and generate strong ideas that create successful campaigns and real results for your brand.
You will direct a team of Account Managers, Community Managers, Creative Producers, and Copywriters to execute the client’s social digital strategy. You must have experience in generating unique creative concepts to support marketing objectives and know what type of content is truly shareable for different audiences on social.
- Oversee all areas of the client relationship for your assigned initiatives/projects
- Responsible for the overall success of assigned marketing campaigns, with a focus on growing revenue by further developing the account and team
- Guide and deliver strategic counsel to client(s) in social and digital marketing, including original content creation, community management, paid media, influencers, production, publicity report, research, reporting and more
- Serve as an internal cross-team lead to drive and communicate strategy across Creative, Design, Animation, Insights, Media Buying, and Community Management teams
- Be a strong manager and mentor to a diverse team of Account Managers, Community Managers, Creative Producers, Copywriters, and more who are responsible for managing all day-to-day campaign operations for assigned clients / business units
- Consistently look for ways to improve team structure, workflow, approach, and processes, working with colleagues and leadership to provide critical feedback and solutions
- Manage budgets and ensure teams are staffed and creative resources are used within budget
- Exhibit excellence and attention to detail in your day-to-day work
- Work above and beyond to grow the client, organization and team
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing or Communications or a related field
- 5-7 years experience working in a social / digital marketing role
- 3-5 years of management experience
- Previous account management experience across entertainment-specific projects
- Previous account management experience
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, business acumen and analytical experience
- A proven ability to work with data to drive creative strategy
- Experience leading and growing teams of 6 or more people
- Understanding of agency operations, with a passion for developing and staffing efficient creative social teams
- Demonstrated experience creating proposals and presenting to large groups
- Strong negotiating skills
Perks + Benefits
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Dog-friendly Fridays
We are a team of copywriters and designers creating the daily social media content that great brands share. We love social media, and we are seeking candidates who also demonstrate a passion for it. We're most attracted to candidates who want to be the best and are willing to work hard, learn fast, put clients first, and execute quickly. Clients include Coca-Cola, AT&T, 20th Century Fox, Sony Pictures, Mary Kay, Lionsgate, NBC, Disney Interactive, Mattel, and more.
McBeard is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.