Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer
Playa Vista, CA
Shared Services – Engineering
We are looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer who will be responsible for creating mission-critical scalable, maintainable, and reliable business intelligence infrastructure and addressing some of the unique challenges relating to BI. The ideal candidate would have a passion for and knowledge of social video platforms, and digital entertainment. The candidate would also have a proven track record of related experience to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization.
*** This is a contract - with an option to hire position ***
- Responsible for designing and implementing solutions using third-party and in-house technologies which will handle the growing business needs
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from a wide variety of in-house and 3rd party data sources
- Design, implement, and support infrastructure providing secured access to large datasets
- Design and develop cutting edge reports & dashboards using Tableau or Amazon Quicksight
- Utilize blended data from multiple data sources to provide comprehensive reporting solutions
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and respond to data/analytical requests
- Glean insights from a large data warehouse using SQL
- 3-5 years of Business Intelligence/Data Engineering experience
- Deep proficiency with SQL & Python
- Knowledge of working with an enterprise data warehouse and large sets of data
- Extensive experience with relational databases both, normalized and denormalized star schemas.
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Experience in ETL and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex data sets
- Experience with Tableau or a similar BI visualization tool (i.e. Microstrategy, Cognos)
- Proven ability for looking at solutions unconventionally and explore opportunities and devise innovative solutions
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to convey key insights from complex analysis in summarized business terms and an ability to effectively communicate with technical teams
- NoSQL Databases & Technology (e.g. Hadoop)
- Amazon Redshift and Amazon Web Services: Glue, Lambda, S3, and Athena
- Django web development
- Experience working with Spark (pyspark)
- Ruby programming
- Experience developing jobs in Luigi
- Digital Media industry experience
Fullscreen Media is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers. Fullscreen Media is comprised of three key businesses: Fullscreen Creator Network is the biggest network empowering creators through a variety of services, from audience development and programming support to management, content production and merchandising. Fullscreen Entertainment reaches consumers through creator-driven experiences from Fullscreen Live, original content from Fullscreen Productions and the pioneering Rooster Teeth studio, and subscription video on demand services “Fullscreen” and Rooster Teeth’s “FIRST.” Fullscreen Brandworks partners with major brands to tap into the power of social media with original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content and targeted media through the Fullscreen Media Network.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. You will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.