Director, Business & Legal Affairs - Rooster Teeth
Rooster Teeth seeks an exceptional attorney to join its in-house business & legal affairs team. This position will primarily support Rooster Teeth’s original content, development, production, and licensing efforts as well as being responsible for a variety of day-to-day general business needs.
The ideal candidate is someone best suited with a start-up mentality and hustle. While you are not expected to have had direct experience in all of the following areas, you must have at the minimum substantive transactional experience gained from a respected law practice and be able to deftly apply the strategic negotiation and first-rate drafting skills you’ve acquired into a variety of practice areas. In addition, you should be highly confident and comfortable doing deals without precedent and creating solutions amidst the confusion of an evolving media landscape. You must be able to work independently, multi-task under pressure, manage a varied, high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly and have the ability to independently exercise sound judgment, make sound decisions, and perform under minimal supervision on a daily basis.
If you are risk-averse, more of a blocker than a tackler, and prize form over function, then this is not the right place for you.
- Negotiate and draft all development and production agreements for films and series and other original content productions across all media platforms (e.g., rights acquisition, talent agreements, producer agreements, license agreements, co-finance agreements, guild and union agreements and other agreements in connection with the development and production of original content).
- Manage other general business and legal affairs matters typically required of a studio and network.
- Counsel on a wide variety of transactional matters relevant to Rooster Teeth’s growing business, including gaming, merchandise, live events, intellectual property, music, employment, and performing other day-to-day business and legal affairs-related tasks as needed.
- Director or VP role, commensurate with experience.
- JD from a respected law school and TX state bar membership.
- 5 – 7 years of relevant experience (ideally with a minimum of 2 years of business/legal affairs experience in a network, studio, entertainment law firm or production company environment).
- A strong understanding of technology, video production, online media, gaming and the Internet.
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and organizational skills are also a must
- The business and legal affairs department works as a team in a highly collaborative manner. The ideal candidate will have a cooperative, positive, team-oriented spirit.
ABOUT ROOSTER TEETH:
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering studio responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 30 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique monthly visitors to its RoosterTeeth.com hub and 2 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is now a subsidiary of Fullscreen Media, a global youth media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.