Director, Public Relations
Playa Vista, CA
Marketing & Communications
As the Director, Public Relations your responsibilities will include heavy media relations and communications strategy development and execution. Reporting to the VP, Public Relations, the candidate will focus heavily on publicity for Fullscreen content and experiences, including original films and series, partner content, branded content, short form programming, events and more.
This individual is tenacious in securing needle-moving media attention for Fullscreen creators and content, enthusiastically collaborates with internal and external clients and handles quickly approaching deadlines efficiently. The right candidate has existing, strong relationships with top media across business, technology, entertainment and lifestyle verticals.
- Develop, oversee, and implement communications strategies for Fullscreen’s content and work daily with a broad range of press outlets and industry events covering entertainment and digital media
- Maintain positive relationships with the media across consumer, cable, digital and entertainment segments
- Work directly with development, creative, marketing & programming departments to ensure an open communication between content creation and publicity
- Compose key message points for executive and talent interviews and oversee internal and external communication/messaging
- Work closely with show creators, talent, production and programming executives and outside PR agencies
- Develop and write press kit materials including: press releases, talking points, bios and more
- Manage staff
- 10+ years experience in entertainment communications or media relations
- Superb writing skills as well as excellent verbal and interpersonal skills; good judgment and exemplary problem-solving skills
- Strong team player and must have experience in staff management
- Strong knowledge of the PR field including experience in media relations, press campaign development and execution of creative, strategic and well-thought out communication plans
- Deep knowledge of industry events, festivals and conferences with established relationships
- Experience in working with talent publicists, managers and agents
- Skilled in talent media training and executive prep
- Experience in managing complicated and detailed logistics for press junkets/press days
- Experience in managing budgets
- Must understand the digital media landscape
- Proven solid relationships with major press outlets including magazines, consumer print press, digital media, online press outlets and blogs
- Demonstrated independent and strategic thinker, able to take initiative and follow through on projects
- Demonstrated ability to generate and present original work and concepts
- Demonstrated success as a company spokesperson to the press and other outside organizations
- Experience in crisis communications
PERKS + BENEFITS
- Use What You Need paid time off
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
Fullscreen Media is a global leader in social-first entertainment experiences serving creators, brands and consumers. Fullscreen Media is comprised of three key businesses: Fullscreen Creator Network is the biggest network empowering creators through a variety of services, from audience development and programming support to management, content production and merchandising. Fullscreen Entertainment reaches consumers through creator-driven experiences from Fullscreen Live, original content from Fullscreen Productions and the pioneering Rooster Teeth studio, and subscription video on demand services “Fullscreen” and Rooster Teeth’s “FIRST.” Fullscreen Brandworks partners with major brands to tap into the power of social media with original entertainment, influencer marketing, multi-platform social content and targeted media through the Fullscreen Media Network.
For a behind-the-scenes glance at what it's like to work at Fullscreen Media, click HERE.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.